I get an error that says (something like): Failed to allocate resource: the request is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context.
This error often happens as a result of the site not having access to your camera or microphone at this time. Sometimes it's in use by another app or site, sometimes it's unresponsive for other reasons.
Here are some troubleshooting tips if you get this error:
- Make sure nothing else is using your camera or microphone:
- This might include installed applications like Kaltura, Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Google Duo, etc.
- Make sure any tabs or windows you have open in your Web Browser(s) are not currently using your Camera or Microphone
- Make sure the site you are viewing has permission to use your Camera or Microphone
- You can check this in most modern browsers by clicking the icon before the URL in your browser's address bar. You might have to click into Site Settings.